Sunday, November 30, 2014

This country.....
   I know several people with mental health issues.  I have some of my own.
   In this country we don't take care of such obvious needs.  Everyone is on their own.  I had a conversation with someone I find interesting, and he has next to no resources to help him.  If I were to go around some bend I would continue to draw my salary and I get treatment.  I have a relative in his 40s who has mental health and substance abuse issues, and he has parents who can take care of things for him.  The person I had a conversation with has none of these resources.... if he falls off the edge, the hole goes all the way down.  I can try to do what I can, as part of friendship, but that is very far short of a single payer system that covers mental health issues.
   This country....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home